My Blog List

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Exploring Sketching Fancies

One Minute Poses from online figurative drawing source,
Derwent Inktense pencil in it charcoal form.







One minute sketches drawn from online figurative drawing source, Derwent Inktense pencil.

Note:  While the online source definitely has possibilities as a regular source for life drawing experience at home, they're poses were theatrical--not at all natural.  I chose ones that a model could actually hold for a minute or two, after that the poses were too convoluted.  It's on YouTube if you'd like to take a look: New Master Academy Timed Figurative Drawing.


Then And Now,  Derwent pencil.  These figures were conjured from memory. 

Note:  I was amazed how much anatomy I recalled since studying anatomy at art college. The hours spent studying skeletons, drawing the bones, taking a close look at how the muscles connected to one another and observing cadavers at the morgue were well spent.  I've made a note to pull out Dynamic Anatomy and review drawing figures from memory.


The rrest of my sketches fooled abound with various subjects, mediums and approaches.  warm up sketches can concentrate on one or many ideas.  These past days, I followed my mind's eye.


Morning Joe Talking Heads was most fun sketching from the ever-changing images on TV






ballpoint still life sketchjust because it was there while I was contemplating what's next?.









an oil sketch of the woods pushing color?








A self portrait trying stronger hues?  this one has since incorporated pastels.






 

Using myself as my model, I  went back to seeing what could be done with the Derwent Inktense pencil.
I think I better get some fluid ink instead.














No comments:

Post a Comment